Sunday, July 8, 2007

The days have escaped me since FIRST COMES LOVE became available on Tuesday. I have all kinds of PR things for the book and a tight deadline for my young adult romantic comedy, plus my biggest priority -- my little one year old daughter. However, I managed to squeeze in some time to socialize this weekend. My husband and daughter and I went to a birthday party for some very good friends of ours whose daughter just turned three. And oh let me just say that parties have changed in the past few years. A friend of ours from the party put it perfectly when he said, "I've realized I've come to a point in my life when it's totally normal to be talking to someone at at party and they pause to sniff their kid's diaper."

It seems like just yesterday when we were all scrounging up a faded deck of cards to play A*$HOLE, and now we're all watching a bunch of little kids hammer a pinata (which by the way is one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen). It doesn't seem that long ago when I was in Mexico karaoking to showtunes from Grease and doing shots of tequila with a few of the girls from the party. Last night I observed two of these same ladies affectionately rubbing their pregnant bellies while discussing baby names. And the third friend from the Mexico weekend yawned at eight-thirty and went home with her husband. So I guess with this new book I've also entered a new chapter in my life. Life is different but it's a good life and I wouldn't change anything.

1 comment:

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

You need to Blog MORE! : )